No matter how old or new your home may be, energy inefficiency can be a problem. You’re spending all this money to keep your home temperature at a comfortable level but what if you’re leaking all this energy out and it’s showing up on your electricity bills. If you want to make sure you’re not losing precious money, then examine these following areas as recommended by Energy Rating Perth:
- Ensuring that your windows are properly sealed can make a big difference. You could be running your air conditioning or heating all day and it’s just pouring out of the seals and cracks provided from your windows. If it’s leaking out, it also can mean it’s seeping in too!
- We run appliances in our homes 24/7, so to ensure we are using them to their full advantage make sure you update older models to new energy efficient models.
- Air can leak through the seals in your plumbing and outlets. Make sure they are adequately sealed to prevent this from happening.
- If you have an attic or basement in your home this can be one of the largest causes of energy leakage. Ensuring you have sufficient insulation installed to provide an adequate thermal seal.
- Doors lead to basically every space in your home. Installing door strips prevents the air from transferring to other parts of the home and keeping the treated air where it needs to be.
Investigate your home today and see how you can save long term! Call us on 6114 9356 for more information on your home requirements.